I so love Thanksgiving leftovers

So it has been a few weeks since Thanksgiving and I still have a few leftovers in my freezer. I turned the carcass into a nice thick stock and have several quarts in bags stashed in the freezer. Sunday I decided I seriously needed soup, so I started pulling things out.

Thawed a couple quarts of stock and put it into a pot to simmer. I then thawed the leftover mashed potatoes I had to make a potato soup base. From there I fried up some bacon and chopped it up and added it to the soup. For more protean I then added some diced up turkey and let that simmer for a while. Seasoned with salt, pepper and Trader Joe's 21 Spice Salute.

After simmering a while I decided it needed something more, so I added a package of GF potato gnocchi to give some added body and that did the trick.

Nice big bowl for dinner and several days of leftovers for my lunches. So yummy!


Comments

Popular Posts