Cucumber and tomato salad

cucumber salad, chicken with onion and GF naan


A very tasty salad is cucumber and tomato. It is a nice salad in that you can do all sorts of things with those two ingredients as a start. I like to take tomatoes and dice them up, dice up cucumbers and add some finely diced sweet onions. Drizzle some olive oil over it, a squeeze of lemon juice and toss.

The salad above I sprinkled with dried mint leaves and let it sit in the fridge to let the flavors meld.

I love to use garden fresh cukes and tomatoes, but my garden this year was pretty non-existent due to weather and not having the energy to do much. I do have a couple tomatoes in pots that have tomatoes on them, but they are still quite green, so I had to make due with what I could get at the grocery store as I haven't been to the farmers market in a while.

I chose Roma tomatoes for this salad as I wanted a nice meaty tomato and made a big batch. When serving it yesterday I made a dressing of plain Greek yogurt with a squeeze of lemon juice and more mint leaves.

It was quite delicious yesterday, but after sitting and melding over night...YUM!!!!!!

Comments

Rose Braisby said…
This looks so refreshing. I'm gonna have to try this one!

Popular Posts