Count down to Thanksgiving

I plan on having as much done as possible before the big day in order to have a nice relaxing Thanksgiving dinner. To that end, the mashed potatoes are done and in the freezer.

I started with peeling and slicing enough potatoes to fill my one pot a bit over 3 quarters full. I used a veggie slicer/mandolin for the job this time and I must say, the potatoes cooked to perfection in a lot less time then if I have simply rough cubed them.

Once they were done, I drained them and then mashed them with a potato masher. I added a stick of butter and a package of cream cheese and mixed it all in.

I then let the mashed potatoes cool and then prepped the casserole dish I will heat and serve them in. Since I will need the dish between now and then, I lined it with cling wrap and then filled it with the mashed potatoes. Folded the cling wrap over and into the freezer it all went. Once frozen I can take the mashed potatoes out of the casserole and wrap it some more to stay in the freezer until the big day.

So, mashed potatoes down, pies and other side dishes still to go.

Comments

Popular Posts