Beer can chicken...without the beer

When the weather gets hot, having a means to cook outside is good. I had a whole chicken, some onions, mushrooms and zucchini and a gas grill. So I decided on beer can chicken, but I didn't have any beer. But the nice thing about this method of cooking chicken,you can use any liquid. In this case I had a can of pear juice to replace the beer.

I started by preheating the grill, then prepped th chicken. You can use any seasoning you like, in this case it was Old Bay garlic and herb. Poured out half the pear juice and inserted the can and placed it in pan and onto the grill it went.

Dinner on the grill


When the chicken was close to done. I put my cast iron griddle on to preheat and then prepped the veggies. I Sliced the Walla Wallas and quartered the mushrooms and tossed them with olive oil. The zucchini was sliced, tossed with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar ans seasoned with lemon salt:

Dinner on the grill


Dinner on the grill


While I cooked the veggies I let the chicken rest:

Dinner on the grill



When everything was done, I sliced some chicken and served it with the veggies:

Dinner on the grill


YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts