A tasty dip or spread for sandwiches

A few weeks back I needed to come up with something to take to a pool party and potluck and I wanted to take something a bit different. I wanted the dish to be gluten free in order for everyone to be able to have some and I came up with the following.

I decided to do a take off on my dad's onion stuffed onion dish. I took some sweet onions and diced them:

Cheesy onions


then sauteed them in olive oil and a bit of kosher salt until they were soft and caramelly:

Cheesy onions


Cheesy onions


I then added cheese and let that melt and folded in the onions and then into a dish to take and serve out of:

Cheesy onions


To add a bit more flavor, spices such as paprika or turmeric can be added while sauteing the onions.

At the party I served them with crackers and there were gluten free alternatives there already. A couple people used it to complement some of the meat dishes.

I still had some left over and discovered a couple days later that it made a very nice spread for sandwiches made with hearty bread when reheated.

Comments

Popular Posts