Pork & broccoli


pork & broccoli
Originally uploaded by JeanC38
Winco had a really good deal on broccoli last week, 98 cents a pound, so I stocked up on it. For this recipe I cubed a pork loin and browned it in a bit of oil and seasoned it with Goya Adobo with bitter orange. I added enough water to cover the pork and let it simmer for a while.

I had started the rice earlier. I have been trying out brown rice and I think I finally have it down. I followed the instructions on the package and it turned out pretty well. When the rice was about half way done I started the pork. Once the time for the rice was up, I took it off the burner and set it to one side, leaving the lid on.

I chopped up the broccoli and added it to the pork to let it steam. When it was about ready I made a slurry of corn starch and water and added it to the pork and broccoli to thicken the liquid. Once it was thick, I dished up the rice into a bowl and topped it with the por & broccoli with some sauce. Very delish and very filling.

Comments

Popular Posts