Turkey fajitas

Another nice way to deal with turkey leftovers is fajitas.

Start by chopping up an onion. Here I grabbed a package of Walla Wallas I had sliced and stashed in the freezer. I sauteed them in 1 tablespoon of butter with a pinch of kosher salt and let them caramelize a bit to add some extra flavor.

I then sliced a green bell pepper into slivers after de-seeding it.


I then added the bell pepper to the onions and continued to sautee them until the peppers were tender and then set them aside in a bowl.


I took a mixture of white and dark turkey and chopped it up and after adding a bit of oil to the skillet, added the turkey to heat thru.


I then added a packet of fajita seasoning mix and added water according to instructions on the packet and let everything simmer.

While the turkey mixture was simmering, I took my flour tortillas and put them on a plate wrapped in a damp paper towel and then steamed them for a minute in the microwave. I then flipped the tortillas over and steamed them for another minute.


One everything was ready I assembled the fajitas on a plate topping the turkey and veg with shredded cheddar and sour cream.


Yuummmm!


Comments

Popular Posts