New fridge

I'm definitely a happy camper, we now have a new fridge. It is bigger then the old one, which was 14.1 cu ft. The new one is 21 cu ft and we had an ice maker installed, so no more having to remember to fill up ice trays and then the fight to get them out. Nothing sadder then an adult being defeated by a chunk of plastic refusing to part with ice cubes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So now, with luck, I will no longer "lose" things in the fridge, it has clear drawers I can see into:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice big shelves on the door, I can put in a gallon of milk, or even better yet, my sun tea jug for cold brewed ice tea:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lots of room in the freezer, even with the ice maker. We've had an interesting weekend with said ice maker tho. We couldn't get reliable water flow thru the tube. Hubby finally figured the cold water hose under the sink was self-sealing and kept closing up. So he came up with a solution. Rest of the saga here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hubby called me this morning to report the ice maker is now going great guns, so I guess it was just a matter of it working itself in. So we are set for plenty of margaritas, dacqueris and any number of other cocktails requiring lots of ice.

I did get the last of the kitchen painted while we had things pulled out and off the walls, so it looks so much better. I also moved some things that were on top of the old fridge and on the shelves into the hall pantry for long term storage and now just have what I use most often out where I can get it.

Now my poor little deep freeze looks so tiny and forlorn. I'll be getting some black appliance paint to paint it to go with the rest of the decor. I think I will do the same with the gorilla rack (regular metal paint there) and some black paint for the shelves. But that will be later.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So now that my kitchen is in better shape, I can really start cooking again (esp since the really hot weather has gone bye bye) and posting.

Comments

V said…
I like it a lot. It must be a girl thing but I was looking at it with my mouth open going wow that's nice. I think it's like men are with cars.
I'm glad I found your blog Jean! V x

Popular Posts