Delicious chicken

After hubby's attack of pancreatitis, he has to eat fairly low fat for a while. So I came up with an oven baked chicken that is totally yummy.

I thawed out some Boneless, skinless chicken thighs and peeled off the extra fat (there wasn't too much). You can use boneless, skinless chicken breats if they have been brined to retain moisture while cooking.

I dipped the thighs into two egg whites that had been beaten (the yolks I put into an ice cube tray in the freezer for use in anothr recipe). I made a mixture of panko bread crumbs, parmesean cheese (green can stuff) and Johnny's garlic caesar blend. I coaTed the thighs with this and layed them on a wire rack placed in a walled cookie sheet. Baked at 350F to temp and the coating was golden brown and delicious.

I picked up some tomato and spinach cous cous at Winco and made a batch of that. Served ith the chicken it was a totally yummy dinner. The panko crumbs gave a nice crisiness without be too hard a crunch (which hubby doesn't care for).

Comments

Popular Posts