Frittata

Fritata


Yesterday I was stumped for breakfast ideas, so I fell back on the old frittata idea. A frittata is essentially an omlete that doesn't require a lot of skill (and omletes are something that I can seem to get right on a regular basis). It is also a great way to use up leftovers from the fridge. Frittatas are very versitile and can be breakfast, lunch or dinner.

So this is what I came up with:

I started with melting a teaspoon and a half of bacon grease in an oven safe pan. I then added a finely diced small onion (you can use your preferance, in this case the last sweet onion from my garden) and sauted it until soft and translucent over medium heat. I then added some diced frozen french fries and some diced chicken strip things (the kind you get with breading). These by the way are great cheats if you don't feel like dealing with chicken and regular potatos.

While these were heating thru, I preheated the oven to 350F and then scrambled 4 large eggs and seasoned them with pepper and powdered zucchini and squash (more on this in a different post). I used that powder to do something different, you can season it with whatever you wish. I was originally going to use italian seasoning, but changed my mind. To the eggs I added a quick dash of cold water (some cook use milk, I never do). About 1/8 of a cup.

I diced a roma tomato and sprinkled that on top of the chicken and potato mixture and added the eggs. While that was cooking I sprinkled on feta and mozzarella cheese and then popped the whole kit and caboodle into the oven for 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes were up, out it came to rest for a couple minutes and then I divided it onto plates for me and hubby and we had a most enjoyable and tasty breakfast.

Fritata

Comments

Popular Posts